Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

'You can't refuse me': New tapes of Monica Lewinsky, Bill Clinton affair


AN EXPLOSIVE taped conversation between former US President Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky have revealed new details about the high-profile affair.

"I could take my clothes off," Ms Lewinsky says to Mr Clinton in the never-before-heard conversation from 1997, National Enquirer reports.

The affair between Ms Lewinsky, then a 24-year-old White House intern, and the married president led to Mr Clinton's impeachment.

Ms Lewinsky can be heard playfully teasing the president and suggesting numerous meetings in a tape that was previously thought to have been destroyed.

The conversation took place months after the relationship was supposed to have ended.

"Since I know you will be alone tomorrow evening, I have two proposals for you, neither of which is you not seeing me," she can be heard saying, according to National Enquirer's report.

"I could take my clothes off and start, well, I know you wouldn't enjoy that?

"I hope to see you later and I hope you will follow my script and do what I want.

"You can't refuse me because I'm too cute and adorable and soon I won't be here anymore to pop over."

She then asks the president to have his assistant change his schedule to more easily facilitate their secret meetings.

"I'm very persistent, but um … I really want to see you," she said.

The scandal was exposed in 1998 after Ms Lewinsky confided in Linda Tripp, who then began secretly recording conversations between the intern and the president.

The latest revelations come at an awkward time for the Clintons, with the former president's wife Hillary now a key figure in the Obama administration and tipped to make a White House run of her own for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment